Haven - The G.A.M.E.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reassignment.

Go down

Reassignment.  Empty Reassignment.

Post by Blitz Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:05 am

Dearest Maja,

I have been chosen by my 'generous' Warden for a work reassignment. I will be able to leave this hell, and work, even get payed, for the rest of my sentence. I will make sure my salary is wired to your account. Maja, it warms even my calloused and jaded heart when I think of how you still love me. How horrible and despicable I was when I was still in 'the business', yet you still loved me. And now, I am in the lowest dregs of our already disgusting society, yet you still write, sending the video messages when you can.

Thoughts of seeing you again keep me alive in this place where there is no hope for redemption. Every night I dream of those winter nights in Kyyiv, where we walked through the upper levels arm in arm. I am not a praying man, but this place makes even the most deject, cynical, and evil men to pray for forgiveness. I pray not for forgiveness, just to see you again, and leave my old life behind. But I have been damned by the powers that be.

You may be wondering why I am being so, or attempting in a way only a desperate criminal could, to sound poetic. It is because of the nature of this reassignment, my love. It is a reassignment that I cannot say no to. I am being assigned to an exploration vessel. I try to watch the news when I can, and what I gather is, well, there's a lot of science involved. Sciences I'm not familiar with that contort and bend time, when being inside one of these vessels. It will take us years to reach our destinations, but to us it will be nothing, with these 'cryo-pods'. This is not a reassignment, Maja, but merely a euphemism for a life sentence. I tried everything I could to resist this, but it is a government order, and our lawyer is a shithead Polak who could do nothing to help. I have no choice but to accept.

I know you must hate me now, my dear. Maja, please do not cry. All I ask of you is that you accept my salary, and try to move on with life. You've no idea how easy it is to start anew for you, an ease only those within this station and others like it know. This is my last goodbye to you, mosinka. I hope that you will be able to forgive me, like all the others times I wronged you. But I understand if you cannot.

With Love,
Volodymyr.

Blitz
Blitz

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum