Haven - The G.A.M.E.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Company of Heroes 2

5 posters

Go down

Company of Heroes 2 Empty Company of Heroes 2

Post by John_Roxton Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:01 am

Anyone playing it, want to play a match? Thoughts?
John_Roxton
John_Roxton

Back to top Go down

Company of Heroes 2 Empty Re: Company of Heroes 2

Post by autist supreme Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:51 pm

Is it out?!
autist supreme
autist supreme

Back to top Go down

Post by Ducky Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:54 pm

The beta came out last week, but the full game won't be out for another month.
Ducky
Ducky

Back to top Go down

Post by autist supreme Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:01 am

I saw the trailer, I wasn't that impressed, it just looked like a skinned up CoH1. I've played CoH1 to death, every map, all my friends have it because I've literally forced them to play it, its an amazing game, but the trailer kind of let me down, it was like

1V1
2V2
3V3
4V4
5- Nahh not really

Why would it brag about that when it was in the previous game. But I suppose it'll be cool, I just dunno if it'll have the same possibility for diversity because I highly doubt modding tools will be released, along the seemingly complexity of armor has annoyed me because armor was an annoying part of the first CoH and I thought infantry combat was where the game shone. I hope base building is still in it. (all aboard the sinking ship that is the DoW franchise)

I'm a die hard CoH fan but I just think it'll be difficult to replicate such genius, if anyone has played the beta lemme know what its like.
autist supreme
autist supreme

Back to top Go down

Post by J-Reid Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:09 pm

Well DoW is on it's last legs sadly, that's true. However Sega's looking to re-iterate the IP into a Total War game. Though I'm getting the impressions that the battles wont look epic and panoramic as seen in various pictures, codexes and the rulebook to the TT game.

Worst case scenario, Total War: Warhammer 40,000 (what I'm assuming the name will be) will turn out to be a ultra-smurf and bolter-ridden cluster fuck.

Just a little opinion based question thing, what would you think if CoH had naval combat? Cause I'm just thinking of, right now, American and Japanese battleships trading cannon fire, calling down bomber strikes on each other whilst a massive battle between tanks and soldiers ensues on the island of Iwo Jima, that would be a treat. Just a pipe dream though, but still what would you think?

Last edited by J-Reid on Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : curiousity)
J-Reid
J-Reid

Back to top Go down

Post by Blitz Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:28 pm

naval combat in coh wouldn't work. you'd have one port to create ships from, the maps would either be too big or small, and the strategic options would be dumbed down highly due to the fact that there's no terrain.
Blitz
Blitz

Back to top Go down

Post by autist supreme Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:46 am

Well if they dumbed it down to like, I dunno, say gunboats or frigates which had specific abilities. Or controlling a certain amount of ports controlled your ability on what you could do, so say for example controlling 3/5 ports on the map let you use off map naval artillery. I think that would be quite cool, as it would expand the core game play out onto the sea but it wouldn't compromise the core game play elements themselves. However I think that having 12 cannon battleships in vision doesn't include company of heroes at all. If you think about Company of Heros is the ability to control individual squads and tanks etc. That what makes it a COMPANY of HEROS the game name means something, it entails a medium sized armed force fighting where however every solider means something, large crew battleships would subtract from that I think.
autist supreme
autist supreme

Back to top Go down

Post by John_Roxton Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:30 am

I'm calling it now.

There will be a DLC that adds the pacific campaign and the Japan-Soviet border clashes will be added as maps so you can play the slanties.

It's where they can go instead of lolcoldwar
John_Roxton
John_Roxton

Back to top Go down

Post by autist supreme Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:14 am

Urgh, they've kind of KIND of warmed me to the whole eastern front thing, but I've never liked the eastern front as much (as much as one can like a war) I mean world war 2 had normandy, paris, cool urban combat over key buildings, the eastern front was the equivalent of two sides flogging a dead horse in the middle.

I just think that battles like stalingrad will be interesting but the gameplay mechanics wont feel like a company of heroes game, unless they introduce something seriously cool
autist supreme
autist supreme

Back to top Go down

Post by John_Roxton Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:17 am

The weather will be interesting, and something to take seriously in my opinion. Seeing as I've frozen assaults near fire pits waiting for a blizzard to pass and my opponent does the same. And The Eastern front is a great location for urban battles.
John_Roxton
John_Roxton

Back to top Go down

Post by J-Reid Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:56 pm

Yeah, CoH alone is great fun especially steamrolling others with armoured warfare, though some special conditions that could have dire effects on both sides would certainly mix things up and make for a more interesting game.
J-Reid
J-Reid

Back to top Go down

Post by John_Roxton Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:30 pm

I'd like to see engine breakdowns, scout cars getting stuck in mud, stuff like that.
John_Roxton
John_Roxton

Back to top Go down

Post by autist supreme Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:53 am

Okay, I got CoH2 No volks?! Sad Hah, It's very good, plays well in my opinion, however I feel that infantry are somewhat tougher.

The lack of infantry stats piss me off though.
autist supreme
autist supreme

Back to top Go down

Post by John_Roxton Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:30 am

It's still in beta, things about infantry might change.
John_Roxton
John_Roxton

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum