Haven - The G.A.M.E.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[01M] The Minerva System

3 posters

Go down

[01M] The Minerva System Empty [01M] The Minerva System

Post by Omni Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:24 pm

The Minerva System is the pride of the Valhallan Republic- home to it's first, and by far most successful extrasolar colony. In it's center, lies a hot, young sun, not unlike the terran sun. It is home to only two true planets. The first, Valt, is, to be frank, uninteresting. It's a searing hot rock, with little of value. There are few scientific satellites, but otherwise it is mostly ignored. Second, is Iskev, a gas giant. More importantly, is it's primary moon Helenus. Relatively large for a moon, Helenus is home to the Valhallan's first extrasolar colony. It's about two-thirds the size of earth, but it's core is denser, so while gravity on the planet is lessened, it is by no means uncomfortable. A temperate world that hit the "sweet spot" for carbon-based life, Helenus has a nitrogen-oxygen atmosphere maintained by abundant indigenous photosynthetic plants and bacteria.

The colony itself is fairly impressive. Consisting of a single large, octoganal city with tramways connecting it to smaller settlements further off, the colony is actually visible from orbit. Many of the colonists wear breathers, given that Valhallan lungs are adapted to low-oxygen enviorments and, in high-oxygen enviroments, require some sort of filtration system to avoid hyperventilation, among other health effects. The colony is protected by several ground-based ORION batteries- essentially the same weapons used on Valhallan cruisers.

Last edited by Omni on Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

[01M] The Minerva System Empty Re: [01M] The Minerva System

Post by Omni Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:29 pm

Minerva System
Helenus, High Orbit

Already in orbit lies three cruisers, in addition to a single corvette. One of the cruisers has suffered heavy damage- it was nearly destroyed fighting the Alarei ship that attacked the colony. Currently, the corvette, along with several shuttles from the surface of Helenus, is docked with the damaged cruiser, and repairs are underway.

There's a brief burst of violet and crimson energy as a massive ship exits jumpspace. It's the VSV Siege, the flagship of the Valhallan navy.

Aboard the VSV Siege
High Executor's Quarters

The High Executor sighed, looking to his hands, his gloves removed, sitting on the desk next to him. He simply couldn't keep them still. This was unusual- during his service, Alexander Nolan had been the best marksman in his legion. He was nothing extra-ordinary, but he was still very skilled. He should be able to still them. He shouldn't let this affect him. Not yet. Not until the Alarei pay for every life they took in triplicate. But.. for all their honour and cultural differences, Valhallans are still human, and the High Executor was still a father. He had just lost a daughter to the Alarei. Niobe. She had died fighting- covering the escape of a civillian shuttle. If she hadn't given her life, they would have died. It was a hero's death. That brought him some small measure of relief- but it didn't bring her back. The colony had been turned to ash- he couldn't even bury her.

A holographic depiction of an exclamation mark appeared above his desk, blinking on and off. "You have a transmission awaiting you, sir." A computerized voice spoke- MIRA, the ship's artificial intelligence. He reached forward, 'clicking' the holographic icon. It vanishes, soon replaced by the head of his son, Marcus. The High Executor's son looked a great deal like the man, except with his mother's blue eyes and hair. His facial tattoos resembled an open hand, reaching out. He had taken after Persphone, his mother, whereas Niobe had taken after Alexander himself. Marcus was brilliant- like his mother. He was an engineer- head of a research team at the Valerian academy. Alexander had hoped Marcus would have joined the military like his sister, but he was never much of a soldier. The hologram looked to Alexander, frowning.

"..Hey, father."

"Hey."

"How are you holding up?"

Alexander sighed, looking away. "Not well."

The Hologram nodded softly, looking down for a moment.

Alexander looked up, gulping just a tad. "You know, even if I never expressed it- I.." He sighs. "I'm proud of you. Your mother would be proud."

"I know, dad. I know."

The High Executor sighed. "I.. I have to go."

"I understand, dad. Make those bastards pay."

The hologram vanished. Nolan sighed, nodding softly. "I will. I swear by the lost- I will."
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Haze Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:40 am

Driftspace - VASF Tactical Group One
Abominator Class - Colossal Hypercunt

Bohr inspected those standing around the table. To his left was Major Ansahl, who was happily marketed by the VASF war press as his protégée. She had been, until she had disobeyed him at 5/K and almost sparked off a war. He had tried to get rid of her then, but the press had not let him. She was the rising star, he was the grizzled veteran. It was too good for them to allow to slip away. In retrospect, he was glad that he had not been allowed to replace her. Her quest for reconciliation made her an exceptional trainee. She obeyed every order without hesitation, and if anything showed more reverence than before. She met his gaze for a moment, before turning to her left and looking towards Vikur.

Captain Vikur was ship commander of the Raptor. Bohr had worked with him once before, but had gleamed very little from him. He was fairly passive, but didn't seem to have any major faults. Bohr had heard that Vikur had retired from ship command a year ago. Clearly something had brought him back. Perhaps with the reform, the VASF was keen to bring back a veteran.

Hovering next to Vikur was the Ship Integrated Mind Humour my Death Wish. Bohr knew its name from the press. The Death Wish was a near legendary war fighter, renowned for its ingenuity and unconventional tactics. He had heard that it had once eliminated a hegemonising swarm outbreak by dragging the host station into a nearby star via hyperspace. Unlike most of its kind, the Death Wish was not coated in a slick mirror finish. Instead it was matt grey and covered in tattoo-like markings which seemed to become more complex the closer Bohr looked. What set the machine aside in Bohr's mind was that it was the only SIM to have survived the reform. All others had been replaced by former TLI minds. Bohr suspected that the TLI minds had come up against the same barrier he had come up against when trying to get rid of Ansahl. The Death Wish was simply too popular to be touched.

Bohr was less than pleased to see Captain Vahkus standing next to the Death Wish. Vahkus had been Ansahl's commanding officer before Bohr had pulled her from the Gravitas Shortfall and onto the Manticore. Vahkus had been left behind on the gateship and was none too pleased with the babbysitter placement. Bohr suspected Vahkus was extremely keen on getting back into a combat placement. Bohr was less enthusiastic about that prospect. According to Ansahl the Captain had anger issues - Probably why he had been assigned to the Gravitas Shortfall in the first place.

Between Vahkus and Bohr was the former TLI Mind which had taken command of the Abominator - Colossal Hypercunt. The Mind had masterminded most of the VASF reforms, and had snapped up the empty placement left by the now deviant Awkward Customer. For all intents and purposes, it was in command of most of the VASF. Bohr intended to keep a very close eye on it. The Mind was currently issuing directives.

"As you all know, we are nearing the given co-ordinates. Colonel Bohr and Captain Vikur will take the lead in any negotiations. Humour my Death Wish, once we arrive your concern is security. Keep your drives running and be prepared to initiate a decoy manouver to give us time to deploy thermal collectors."

Death Wish responded in a smooth, unusually deep voice.

"I'm glad you've decided to take my name so literally."

The TLI Mind observed a moment's silence and flashed a sickly red for a few moments. As far as Bohr could interpret, it seemed that the Hypercunt was mocking the other Mind's joke. Bohr cut in before the SIM could respond.

"Hopefully we won't have any nasty surprises. If there are any, I think we have the best security detail one could hope for. Ansahl, how long?"

Ansahl brought up her wrist console as fast as if she were saluting with it.

"Coming up to it now Colonel."

System Rim

The six ships slipped out of hyperspace and stuck to the void like magnets thrown against an iron girder. Of the six, only one would be recognisable to the VSC forces. Unfortunately this ship was by far the ugliest. The hammerheaded gateship Gravitas Shortfall was tucked away in the middle of the grouping. Around it were four needleships just under a kilometer long, and under a hundred meters wide. The final ship seemed to be an exact up-scaled replica of the others, about two times their size. As the ships settled into realspace, various shuttles left the largest ship and zipped back to the other ships of the fleet. A signal in Arabic was broadcasted by the largest of the ships.

-++ You called? ++-
Haze
Haze

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:59 am

The Valhallan Dreadnought Siege transmits a message to the VASF vessels in Arabic, which had apparently become the de-facto trade language of the pact. The voice is female, though clearly synthetic, and, strangely enough, fairly youthful-sounding.

<:: Yes, we did. We have received confirmation from the Caliphate that they will be attending- they should arrive soon. Once they arrive, an interdiction field will be activated to prevent unauthorized access to the system.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Double D Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:45 am

S.I.C.N. Queiq - Cruiser, I'dad Al'oda Class

"Tell me, what does Minerva mean?

"Records indicate it's an ancient Italian deity, a goddess of wisdom, war, schooling and commerce. Is there anything you wish to know my Caliph?"

Shaking his head in dismissal, the young man left the Caliph's side, who happened to be standing on the bridge of the Queiq. "Pagans..." he muttered to himself as placed his hands behind his back, his eyes narrowed as the First Diplomatic Flotilla entered from the far edge of Minerva system. Never in a hundred years had he expected to find himself outside the safety of Jadeda Mecca, least of all to meet with future allies. But Bazzi's run-in changed everything, just as the destruction of the Alerei capital ship. He paced around, looking over the crew of the ship. They all worked diligently, unbothered by the Caliph's presence.

"My Caliph, we've entered the system. You are free to broadcast, if you so will it."

Abd Al Bari walked over to the captain's side. Typing several commands into the keyboard attached to the holo-table, the Caliph straightened his posture so that he could speak clearly.

Minerva System Rim

Two vessels entered the system, drifting in a casual manner. The largest of the two was identical in appearance to the previous Caliphate cruiser and was flanked by one ship. That ship were smaller and would easily be identified as a Caliphate corevette. An Arabic broadcast came from the largest of the ships, which compared to the VSV Siege, was little more than a runt. The Arabic was smooth and natural, the tone friendly yet formal.

<:: As-salamu alaykumu friends. I hope that we have not kept you waiting for long. ::>

Last edited by Mister Rogers on Tue May 21, 2013 3:14 am; edited 5 times in total
Double D
Double D

Back to top Go down

Post by Haze Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:07 am

System Rim- VASF Tactical Group One
Manticore - Captain's Chamber

Each ship commander was allowed to customize his or her chamber according to personal taste. Ansahl knew that Vahkus had built his as a private fortress, fully equipped with bunker-standard armoured walls and security doors which would admit only him. Ansahl had opted for a very different approach. She had interconnected every room on the ship to her chamber's communication system. In the engine room, the bridge, even the private quarters of her officers, there were control panels which granted direct and constant access to the Major's chamber. Ansahl occasionally regretted sacrificing her privacy, but the system showed trust in her crew, and she never felt out of the loop.

As she entered her chamber, recently returned from the Abominator, she was greeted by the triple beep which signified that the system had been initiated. Someone on the ship was trying to contact her. This was slightly odd, as she had just walked through the bridge, where all her on-duty officers were. Then again, it could be a call from the second shift, or one of the utility crew. She walked over to the viewscreen connected to the system.

It was not a second shift member, nor was it someone from the utility crew.

"Greetings Major Ansahl. May I have a word with you?" Said the ship integrated mind Humour my Death Wish.

Ansahl frowned into the camera. Usually the expression would have drawn some kind of colour response from a mind, but the Death Wish simply sat in the viewscreen, staring back. Ansahl was distinctly reminded of her training, when she had regularly spoken to Voehn suited in exoskeletons. Both conversational partners were equally difficult to talk to, as they offered absolutely no visual response. After a few moments the Major realised that she should probably reply.

"Ah. Yes, of course."

The doors behind Ansahl opened and the mind swept through the doorway of her chamber like a leaf on a mischievous breeze.

Colossal Hypercunt - Abominator Class Battleship

The ship was like a giant creature with superconducting arteries, ducts full of coolant, a skin of micro-engineered ablative layers, and a skeleton of compressed nano-lattices. At the top of its control system, like a massive and perfect brain, sat the TLI mind Colossal Hypercunt. It needed no crew. It needed no oxygen or open spaces. It was a mind's dream, built out of of power, isolation, and self sufficiency.

Not every mind's dream, but definitely the dream of the Colossal Hypercunt.

It soaked in the rich layer of background communication which passed between the members of its fleet, taking note of the sharp discordant broadcasts coming from the Caliphate and the VSC. Like a man rising out of a satisfying and warm bath, it roused itself and replied with superhuman speed - Languid care, from its perspective.

-++ Well, we're all here. Introductions first: I am the Colossal Hypercunt, controlling mind of the VASF first tactical group. Colonel Bohr and Captain Vikur of the Fate Line and Raptor will be acting ambassadors. The ship integrated mind Humour my Death Wish will be acting as a military advisor, if it is required. ++-
Haze
Haze

Back to top Go down

Post by Double D Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:11 am

The Caliph fought back a laugh, which by no means was an easy battle. He looked to the captain of the Queiq, who wore the same perplexed facial expression as the rest of the crew. Fortunately for the Caliph and the Caliphate as a whole, they had not been broadcasting during the outburst. Attempting to compose himself, Abd Al Bari wiped the smile from his face as he prepared to broadcast once again.

<:: "Please excuse my rudeness, but what did you say your name was? It would appear that there may have been a mistranslation of our languages." ::>

With the transmission ended the Caliph once again looked to Captain Tahan, who sheepishly smiled to the Caliph.

"Do you suppose he kisses his mother with that mouth my Caliph?"

Last edited by Mister Rogers on Tue May 21, 2013 3:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Double D
Double D

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:02 am

There's a detectable increase in power usage on the aft of the VSV Siege- the interdiction field was just raised, more or less preventing unauthorized access to the system. The Siege then broadcasts to the other two vessels.

<:: ..I'm High Executor Alexander Nolan, and this vessel is the VSV Siege. I, and Captain Elisa Roberts, will acting as our delegates.

// Sorry for the short post, I'm busy as all hell.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Haze Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:29 pm

System Rim- VASF Tactical Group One
Manticore - Captain's Chamber

"Aren't you meant to be on your own ship?"

"Yes."

Death Wish's instant reply set Ansahl at ease. Minds often left uncomfortable gaps in conversations, to throw off whoever they were talking to. Doing so was considered taboo in Voehn society, but the Minds happily ignored the unspoken rule.

"What did you want to discuss?"

"A coup."

Pieces were starting to fall into place. This was obviously all just a practical joke. Ansahl feigned a smirk and forced some laughter, mostly just to show the Mind that she had worked out what was going on.

"I'm not joking."

Ah.

Humour my Death Wish projected a ship listing of the VASF fleet onto one of Ansahl's viewscreens. After a delay filled by incredulous staring, the Major turned to inspect it.

"What am I looking at here?"

"TLI Minds. All of them aside from myself are TLI. All the same generation. What was the name of the Mind that tricked you at 5/K?"

How did - Nevermind. Malevolent Out..."

Ansahl trailed off as she saw the Mind's name on the listing. It had been given a Murderer battleship.

"You're grasping it now. The Outlier and others like it were tasked with provoking a reform. A reform was needed, they were right about that, but when it came they did this. The ships are - arguably - more effective, but each tactical group is essentially controlled by the old TLI Minds. Our friend Colossal hasn't even given up its TLI rank."

"Why did I never-"

"The full fleet listing was not provided to Voehn ship commanders. I'm sure that if you send a request, some technical fault or another will make viewing it impossible."

Ansahl shivered, her threat spines sliding up and out of her back.

"What do we do?"

Humour my Death Wish turned off the projection and slowly drifted over to a viewscreen showing an image of the Manticore.

"Good question."

VASF Tactical Group One

Bohr and Vikur left their ships in separate shuttles, heading directly for the VSCV Siege. Sitting in the cramped compartment, surrounded by his security team, Bohr fixed on his artificial arm. The arm was an intimidating contraption with various weapons systems attached to it. Bohr probably would have put on a less threatening prosthetic, but he only had the one.

At the rear of the group, the Gravitas Shortfall was spewing out construction drones. Vahkus watched from the ship's control room and smiled. The Ahl drone coordinators around him put their heads down and pretended to be busy. No one had seen the Captain smile before. It was unlikely to be a good omen.

The Colossal isolated the alien transmissions and seperated them from the comfortable hubbub of information transfer in its own fleet. To its mind, these foreign transmissions were crude and sharp. It conducted a mental sneer towards the VSC and Caliphate fleets.

-++ No mistranslation. Our diplomatic shuttles are on-route. If you shoot them I'll send you a very angry transmission. Don't mind Vahkus' construction project. It is standard procedure, as you know.++-
Haze
Haze

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:20 am

A docking bay on the massive ship's lower half opens up, surrounded by blinking lights. It's fairly obvious that this is the intended destination for the diplomats.

<:: Affirmative. Please proceed to docking bay six.

The voice is no longer High Executor Nolan's- the voice is synthesized, and fairly feminine-sounding. Likely an AI. The transmission is accompanied by a holographic image of the Siege, with docking bay six highlighted.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Double D Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:59 am

<:: I see. Please accept my apologizes. Your name is merely... unusual for someone of my culture. I am Caliph Abd Al Bari al-Hussaini, Twelfth of his name. I will be boarding my shuttle shortly and await our meeting in person. ::>

Minerva System Rim

From the hangar of the Queiq launched a rather small transport. It floated next to the relatively large destroyer before shooting off in towards docking bay six. The dull purple glow of the engines faded away as it neared the hangar, only to cut off completely as it entered the hangar with the grace of Whirling dervish. With its landing gear extended, the small shuttle landed with a light thump and the hiss of the exhaust ports.

Last edited by Mister Rogers on Tue May 21, 2013 3:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Double D
Double D

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:09 am

Normally, the Voehn-Ahl and the baseline humans of the Caliphate would have difficulties breathing on a Valhallan ship, given the unique atmospheric composition the Valhallans have adapted to. However, this particular hangar's air composition is the Terran standard; in this case, the Valhallans would have a hard time breathing. However, all of the personnel nearby, including High Executor Nolan, are equipped with rebreather masks, allowing them ease of breathing. The masks appear to have been designed specifically to avoid any social disruption- they display as much of the mouth as possible.

High Executor Nolan stands near the entrance to the hangar bay, his arms folded in a contemplative posture, his long, black, apparently leather coat billowing from the displaced air produced as a result of the Caliphate shuttle's arrival. He is flanked by four Valhallan Marines; one familiar with Valhallan culture would be able to identify them as members of the Talon Legion- the best of the best- by the ornate war paint spattered across their armor.

High Executor brings his hand to his earpiece, pressing a button on it, transmitting audio in Arabic directly to the Caliphate shuttle.

"Welcome to The VSV Siege, Caliph Abd Al Bari al-Hussaini. Shala Zhufu."
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Double D Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:43 am

VSV Siege, - Dreadnaught, Odin Class

The bay door of the Satl shuttle lowered as it became a walkway for those on board to descend. There would be a moment’s delay before anyone would exit.

Leading the group was a young man, who couldn't have appeared a day over thirty. His thawb was as white as his teeth, which were flawless by their very nature. His bronzed skin only helped to magnify both features. And unlike many of his peers, his keffiyeh was the darkest of blues, though there was no mistaking it for black. On either side of him were two soldiers, their uniforms comically out-dated in an age of railguns and space flight. Their rifles on the other hand, were not, as they carried only the finest weapon the Caliphate could produce. Behind the three were two other men, each wearing simple thawbs, each carrying wooden boxes no bigger than a shoe box. And lastly came a ssumaz, his movement made awkward by the small thawb that it wore. It followed close behind, its eye turrets moving around the room as if they had gone haywire.

Leaning forward in a bow with both arms extended to his sides, the Caliph looked up to Nolan. He brought himself to full height, a mere five feet and seven inches before he spoke.

"As-salamu alaykumu High Executor Alexander Nolan. In the name of the Caliphate's People and The Kabir Shura, I greet you."

Last edited by Mister Rogers on Wed May 22, 2013 3:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Double D
Double D

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:17 am

High Executor Nolan returns the bow, walking towards the Caliph. He glanced to the soldiers in outdated uniforms, briefly lifting an eyebrow. He holds a hand out to the Caliph, clearly expecting the man to shake his hand. Were he to accept the shake, he would find that the Executor's grip is surprisingly strong, even for a soldier. In fact, it feels oddly rigid.

"I expect the Voehn-Ahl representatives will arrive shortly. We have much to discuss."
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Haze Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:20 am

The pair of VASF shuttles began to fold as they approached the bay of the Siege. By the time they slid into the chamber, they resembled rigid eels - the remnants of their engine pods sticking out like vestigial fins. The pair of craft settled onto the floor of the bay with a sturdy thud, and opened from the front. The craft's hull hinged at the sides and unfolded so that the roof split open like the ventral face of a gutted fish. The roof continued to peel open until its sides nearly touched the floor of the bay. Revealed in monstrous detail on the decks of the ships were the Voehn. There were ten figures on each ship. The first in line were the ship commanders Bohr and Vikur - wearing only their organic carapaces. The pair looked remarkably similar, the predominant difference being Bohr's artificial arm, which he promptly used to grip the side of the craft as he dropped down onto the Siege's deck.

Bohr, to his Voehn counterparts, was the splitting image of a military gentleman. His threat spines were stood high and proud off his back, his postures was tall and intimidating, and every few steps he let loose a respectful throat-rumble. Vikur followed behind, displaying no raised spines, and only the occasional threat of a growl. If the pair had been standing one atop the other, they would easily have surpassed fourteen feet in height.

Trailing behind the pair with ground shaking thuds were the suited and booted Voehn security teams. To the VASF, the security team was not just a tactical group, it was an almost holy institution - honed to perfection over hundreds of years of war. Each team consisted of nine troopers, each encased in several centimeters of smart-armour and weapons systems. Each brutish walking tank carried an assorted barrage of weaponry, ranging from broad range motivator field projectors, to high capacity plasma accelerators. Each team settled behind their respective ambassador.

Bohr was the first to speak. The sound that came from his mouth-parts were guttural growls and clicks, barely distinguishable in pitch or duration. Despite this, the white orb at his shoulder managed to produce a well spoken Arabic translation.

"Greetings. I am Colonel Bohr of the Fate Line, this is my honorable comrade Captain Vikur of the Raptor. Our translator is an aspect of the mind-state Humour my Death Wish."

The sphere blipped and flashed green.

"We apologise that Major Sehl could not be present. She is indisposed of late."

Haze
Haze

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:49 pm

The High Executor silently stood, waiting as the ambassadors arrived. Of all the nations and alliances and races the VSC had encountered, they were by far the most.. alien. All of the others could be summarized easily. The Kal'Bavakorans were a race of imperialist squid-people without the strength to defend either their borders or prevent civil war. The Hakoni were small, unimpressive turtle-men. The People were an boring, uninteresting lot who all dressed the same and foolishly worshiped their leader. The Kisari were a genderless, amphibian people who excelled at poverty. The Alarei were angry, big-headed creatures out for revenge. But the VASF? They could not be summed up so easily. Even their ships looked bizarre.

The High Executor raised an eyebrow ever-so-slightly as the VASF ambassadors exited their.. shuttles. The Voehn. They reminded him of Zhenshai- large, insectoid creatures native to Hel. Waiting for the sphere to finish translating, he nodded softly, turning towards the exit of the shuttle bay.

"Please, follow me. We have much to discuss." He pauses. "Try to avoid straying off the path we take you. If you do, the containment field will tingle a bit, which isn't a problem- but you'll choke to death on the air."
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Haze Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:51 am

As the group settled into a steady thudding march behind Nolan, the pair of Voehn at the front of the procession turned to each other and exchanged grumbles. Bohr gave the orb on his shoulder a violent thump. After a few moments the exchange ceased and the Humour replied in Arabic.

"Thank you for your concern."
Haze
Haze

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:08 am

The High Executor silently leads them through large, metallic hallways. The design is utilitarian; much like most vessels of human design. If it weren't for the telltale orange stripe running across the walls, one might have mistaken it for the interior of a Terran vessel. Sometimes they pass a few workers, either outfitted in armour or equipped with breathing apparati similar to Nolan's. Occasionally, at intersections, one can see a transparent blue 'wall' blocking entrance to the other corridors- these are the containment fields High Executor Nolan spoke of. Eventually, they come upon their destination. Judging by the time it took them to reach it, they are somewhere near the center of the ship.

Motioning to the entrance of the Conference Room, the High Executor grasps his hands together before him, waiting for the others to enter. After they enter, his earpiece bleeps repeatedly. Checking to ensure that all of the delegates had entered the conference room, he presses a button on the side of it. He sighs, apparently listening to someone speak.

"I'll inform them, then." He presses the button again, apparently closing the channel.

The Conference is rather impressive- by human standards, at least. It's fairly large- more than enough to fit all of the representitives. In it's center lies a large, unassuming triangular metal table, it's points flattened, but the soft orange glow above it gives away the fact that it doubles as a holo-projector. The walls double as bookshelves, and are lined with a strangely-textured, reddish brownish wood. It's a surprisingly cozy room, given it's purpose.

The only person in the room is a Valhallan; one Captain Elisa Roberts. She runs a hand through her stark, raven-hued hair, streaked with grey, before grasping her hands behind her back, looking to the delegates. "Shall we begin?"

Last edited by Omni on Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Double D Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:09 am

Unable to help himself, the Caliphate glances around the room, soaking the details like rays from the sun. He noted how similar the ship's interior, up to the conference room, reminded him of vessel he arrived in on. As he looked around, his two guards walked behind him, their steps as mechanical as possible. Part of him felt uneasy, so far away from the comfort of the Ahmar Iywan. Without even closing his eyes the young man could see the soft red currents, smell the strong cardamon coffee and taste the sweet molasses laced Smyrna tobacco.

Entering the Valhallan conference room, Abd Al Bari found himself slightly off guard. Accustomed to the lounges of Abu Bakr 3, was surprised to see no cushions on the ground nor a hookah. Giving a mental shrug as he stepped further into the room, the Caliphate placed his hands behind his back not unlike the Captain Roberts. His eyes wobbled up and down briefly as he examined Elisa, as if purchasing dates from a bazaar.

"I have no objections. I am eager to begin."

Last edited by Mister Rogers on Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Double D
Double D

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:44 am

Roberts nodded gently, glancing to the doorway as the remaining delagates enter, along with the High Executor. Following a quick nod from him, she walks over to what appears to be designated the Valhallan 'side' of the triangular holo-table (it's been painted with their emblem- the Voehn-Ahl and Caliphate sides are marked with their respective symbols). She quickly types a few commands into a keyboard on the holo-table.

"Several hours ago, as far as we can tell- nearly every human world in known space was attacked. We lost.. more ground than we should have." She sighs, rubbing her eyes a little bit, before returning her gaze to the delegates. "A transmission from the USC confirmed what our databases had already lead us to believe. These are the Alarei."

She pauses for a moment, watching as a 3D image of the Alarei dreadnought corpse in the Valhalla system flickers into view.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Double D Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:10 am

Confining himself to a seat at his respected side, Abd Al Bari sat down. His guard moved behind him and returned to attention. Skittering like the reptilian he was, the ssumazz sat beside the Caliph, his all moving eyes hardly peaking over the table. He found himself unsurprised when his lizard friend did not request a different seat, though he could not help but shake his head.

Turning his attention to Roberts as she spoke, his eyes remained focused on her despite the hologram's arrival.

"Our records also confirmed the arrival of Alarei vessels. The Most Merciful willed that the Uthunatt Mahmud would pick up the vessel, which alerted the Zulfiqar. Needless to say, it made short work of the ship. The cleanup process on the other hand, will take much longer."

"No casualties were sustained, sans the Alarei infidels of course."

Last edited by Mister Rogers on Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Double D
Double D

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:20 am

High Executor Nolan nodded as he walked into the conference room, taking his place next to Captain Roberts.

"We were not so lucky. In our hubris, we spread ourselves too thin, believing ourselves strong enough to defeat any threat. We lost.. too many. Three Colonies, turned to ash. I lost a daughter."

He presses a few keys on the nearby keyboard. The image of the wreckage vanishes, swiftly replaced by a star-map, with the Artemis Tau system highlighted.

"Several minutes ago, we received a high-priority message from the USC. They're requesting our presence at a summit in the Artemis Tau 7 system. With your approval, we will alert your vessels and we can get underway."
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Haze Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:54 am

The sphere hovering by Bohr's shoulder bleeped and flashed green.

"Very well. Assuming you will let us stay onboard your ship for transmit, please send details of your FTL drives to our fleet. We will need to check that the transfer process will not harm any of my Voehn compatriots."

The pair of Voehn officers turned to each other, grunting and snarling loudly. Bohr sent a ribcage-crushing blow towards the little sphere, which bobbed neatly out of the way and bleeped again.

"Bohr and Vikur offer their thanks in advance: for your hospitality in allowing us to stay on your very impressive ship"

Apparently frustrated after failing to hit the sphere, Bohr instead punched Vikur in the chest. There was a resounding crack as carapace impacted against carapace. Vikur snarled and gurgled, replying with a sharp jab into Bohr's face. Despite the loud crunching noise of the blow, the colonel seemed not to notice. The pair soon filled the room with low rumbling growls, but no more blows were shared.
Haze
Haze

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:39 am

High Executor Nolan nodded, turning himself a bit, pressing a gloved hand to his earpiece.

"Transmit the FTL data to the VASF and Caliphate fleets, and we can get underway."

Almost instantaneously, coordinates for the USC's summit are transmitted to both fleets, along with limited data on the workings of the Siege's FTL drive. It's actually little more than energy outputs and the such. Whoever transmitted the information was very careful not transmit any more than was necessary. For good reason- the FTL drives aboard Valhallan ships are very closely tied to their weapons systems- specifically the spinal-mounted ORION battery.

High Executor pauses for a moment, before receiving confirmation. He looks to the VASF delegates, waiting for an affirmative response. After they respond, he presses his hand into his earpiece and speaks again.

"Let's get moving."

Jumping to FTL, the Siege, along with a few other Valhallan and Caliphate ships vanish, leaving behind little more than a brief burst of crimson energy and a trail of light.
Omni
Omni

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down