Haven - The G.A.M.E.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[001 - 0G] Hunsrück

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[001 - 0G] Hunsrück  Empty [001 - 0G] Hunsrück

Post by Mother Superior Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:09 am

Hunsrück is a mountainous planet with a low-level zone below the snowcapped mountains known as "sea-level" to the citizens of the Federation whom occupy the planet. Sea-level is a vast desert, filled with sand and the occasional oasis. It is also hilly and uneven, most settlements and villages being built into the sides of mountains or on uneven ground. The temperatures are brutally hot during the day at sea-level, ranging from 40°C to 50°C, nights being cooler, usually 5°C to 10°C. Most of the human dealings are done during the night, but the other intelligent life does dealings at any time, given that they are native to the land. These people are known S'Quojizah, name given to them by a race that had long left the planet. On sea-level there is a host of wild-life, ranging from ravens to bipedal beasts known to travel at a full speed of 40km/h, these beasts are dubbed Skin Beasts by the local tribesmen, more than likely due to their lack of fur leaving the beasts with only a thick leathery skin as protection.

The people of the Unified and Collective Federation of Prefectures have made their home in the mountains, building into the mountains and having sprawling underground cities with artificial sun-light and tram systems leading from one city to another, along with shuttle ports and space stations offering transportation from off the planet to other planets in the system claimed by the UCFP. Some cities are known to be more exposed than the others, being situated atop a mountain rather than inside.

There are also cities that have been established lower on the mountain and even at sea level. There are railroads that lead to said stations, but in order to travel to such, a settler’s permit must be acquired from the Provincial Police of said province, authorizing the individual to travel from the underground havens of the UCFP to the wild lands of the S'Quojizah.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Al-Quaret Bazaar, Dhi Quari Province, Hunsrück surface

[001 - 0G] Hunsrück  Desert_encampment_by_freelancerart-d32teys

Al-Quaret was an S'Quojizah inhabited trade town. The buildings were made of reddish clay and scrap metal, they were so close together that they formed a network of narrow alleyways that many used as shortcuts to traverse the city, and some even made it a habit to make their living from these. It was a huge shanty town. The Bazaar was filled with life. Children ran about, playing and yelling, many were bartering with the various vendors of the town some getting heated while other accept their price on the needed supplies, things were stolen from the side of carts, other things from people’s hands. Cattle were being moved through the streets, some pulling carts and some being herded to nearby pastures. It was high noon and it was reaching 35°C, many were sporting cowls and hoods to keep the sun from their eyes and face.

The friendly commotion of the city was interrupted by the thunderous roar of two Strauß VI fighter craft chasing after a poorly made skiff, skiffs were the usual air transport of the S'Quojizah towns people, this due to the skiff being made of spare parts and being extremely cheap to create, as well as being easy to use. The external speakers of the figher craft came to life.

"Halt your craft and await inspect by the provincial authorities! You are in violation of Federal and Tribal law in this province. If you do not halt, you will be dealt with harshly!"

The skiff showed no intention of stopping, it kept careening through the air without a care in the world, and then they reached the city limits. The fighter pilots had been ordered to take the skiff out, and that's what they did. They began peppering the back end of the craft with their double belt-fed .50 caliber cannons. Hole after hole was punched into the flimsy frame of the craft, the engine was soon caught by one of the rounds and it gave in. The pilots halted their assault and broke off, watching the scrap metal craft rapidly descend into the sand.

Those aboard the skiff found their crafted embedded in the sand about 4 kilometers from the city limits, some of the crew was deceased, and others had broken limbs from the crash. Some had only sustained minor wounds and they'd be damned if the provincial authorities were going to get them for whatever they had done. They took up their arms and waited within and around the crashed craft, their numbers only being three in total.
Mother Superior
Mother Superior

Back to top Go down

[001 - 0G] Hunsrück  Empty Re: [001 - 0G] Hunsrück

Post by Gepoise Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:25 am

[001 - 0G] Hunsrück  Space_Fleet_Commission_2_by_Shimmering_Sword

The seemingly silent orbit of the planet is abruptly shattered as several large frigates exit slip-space, accompanied by one large, block-like Capital Ship, two huge white digits on the port side mark it as "07". At least one hundred fighters emerge from the cargo hold of the large capital ship, simply remaining in a sort of "defensive" position around its home ship. After a few minutes of the fleet remaining completely stationary, a few of the frigates pull behind the Capital ship, deploying bright green lights and several small dignitary-like shuttles from their rather large cargo bays. They regroup with several of the deployed orbital fighters in a sort of pillar formation. No immediate offensive stance is shown by the group of ships, however they are clearly ready if something goes awry.

"Damn thing- Greetings, people of the Unified and Collective Federation of Prefectures. I have arrived on your hospitable and delightful planet to discuss politics. I am apart of the recently formed Aeonic Union of Uthaum. Our oppressors, the Helkions, have recently been defeated, and the remaining humans have taken control of the government and military. I am Lieutenant Führer Jalton Reton, and I am here to bring peace and prosperity to both of our peoples. If anyone is receiving this message, please respond. Our frequency has been implanted into this message and can only be de-coded by certain type of enigma machine, which I hope your government has. Please respond within twenty-four hours. If not, my people will leave this system. Thank you."
The message ends with a nationalistic theme song, which only lasts a few seconds before it is cut short by static, which also fades away within a few seconds. The frequency then remains quiet, waiting for any return message.
Gepoise
Gepoise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother Superior Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:25 pm

Artillery Base Alpha 1-9, Hunsrück Surface

"Attention on base! All able bodied men and women report to your battle-stations, this is not a drill! I repeat, this is NOT a drill!"

The alarms of the planetary defense base come to life, soldiers rush out of their barracks and leisure stations. They all move to their battle stations, some not wearing shirts due to the desert heat, many wearing field caps and head wraps. The controls of the planetary defense guns are now active and they come from their dormant position and swivel on their axis and point into the sky, the positions of the newly arrived fleet. The commanding officer of the base was in the command center of the base, the phones were ringing off the hook and the radios were filled with the garbled speech of those in other bases. Major Saab paced over to the red phone placed on his desk, he picked up the receiver and held it to his ear.

"Space Command, this is Arty Base Alpha One-Niner. We've got signatures of a fleet in space and I want you to confirm as per protocol."

"Major, this is Admiral Smolák. Those ships are here on a 'diplomatic mission,' but they seem to have brought a battle group with them. Keep your stations on alert until we get the situation under control."

Before the Major could reply the Admiral had hung up the phone, he beckoned the company commanders over and briefed them on the situation and they were to brief their men, which they did.

Hunsrück Space Command | Defense, Hunsrück Space

"++ Lieutenant Führer Reton, this is Admiral Smolák of the Hunsrück Space Command & Defense. While we are grateful for your diplomatic mission to our part of space, you can answer me one question. That question is why there is almost an entire fleet in my airspace? When doing that, you can dispatch a shuttle to this station and will discuss what is allowed and what is not when entering the airspace of another nation. ++ "
Mother Superior
Mother Superior

Back to top Go down

Post by Gepoise Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:08 pm

The Lieutenant Führer drums his fingers on his chairs arm rest, a smirk forming on his face as he listens to the transmission from the Admiral. The aging man leans forward, moving a white chess piece towards a black one, "I'll call that a check. We'll finish once I've talked to the Admiral. Chess always seems to pass the time..." The mid-fifties man places his black military cap upon his head as he walks from the room, two female soldiers quickly flanking him, one with a weapon, the other with a large datapad of some sort. The three mumble to themselves as they traverse decks, all soldiers who spot the Lieutenant quickly drop everything and snap to attention (one soldier nearly killed another by dropping a large crate from the second level of the cargo hold). The three step into a guarded elevator, pressed two buttons before the large doors slam closed.

"Right, sir, they replied fairly quickly, as you said. However, I doubt they'll be too happy about us deploying a fairly large fleet to their system, even if it's about diplomacy." The man simply waves off the woman's question, "I have no intention of getting into a fight with the Admiral, Captain. I just didn't want to sit around orbit waiting for the bullshit bureaucracy of this planet to decide whether or not we're worth talking to. Get Harkin on the line and make sure he's ready to send down two Heilvalk ships. I want both filled with equal parts soldiers and Union diplomats. And Captain, don't fuck this up." The man splits off from the data-pad holding woman, the rifle-clad Sergeant still following his lead, however. "I'll get the El-tee to pull back our fighters and what not. We've got the secondary force on stand by if something hits the fan, however I doubt we'll stand any chance against a full on battle against a home planet."

"I'm not planning to kill anyone, Sergeant. At least not yet."

[001 - 0G] Hunsrück  Interceptors_by_moonxels-d2zzjtq

"Alpha One and Echo Two, pull back to the Heimstal and refuel and re-arm. We'll be sending the diplomatic ships down. Fucking Führer cant make up his damn mind."

The large fighter groups pull back towards the frigates, seemingly disappearing into the hangar bays. Two small shuttles pull out from the group, and speed down towards the planet. They quickly request co-ordinates and permission to land, their engines making the trip to the planet fairly quick.

"Ahem, this is Lieutenant Führer Reton. I am thankful that you responded within the allotted time, and I apologize for my show of force. Recently we have been attacked en-mass by pirates and Helkion nationalists. We were not sure if your planet had already been hit by these factions or not, so we could not take the risk. Again, accept my deepest apologies. I have sent my two diplomatic ships down to the directed space station, and all of my fighters have been returned to their allotted hangars. I am now simply awaiting for my diplomats to arrive. They will be accompanied by several of my soldiers, however that is but a rule I must abide, for the Union makes it so. I await your next transmission with bated breath." The Führer flicks the transmission microphone off, his right index and middle finger rubbing the bridge of his nose, "This is going to be a long day."

Gepoise
Gepoise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother Superior Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:57 pm

[001 - 0G] Hunsrück  Space_station_by_jett0-d3du2ke

"++ Understood Lieutenant Führer, I would not have it any other way. ++"

The radio then cuts out. The station forwards docking procedures to the main diplomatic vessel, in the data package would also be the location of the two docking zones put aside for the diplomats. Meanwhile the men and women onboard the station were getting prepared, the soldiers with inspecting their equipment, most of them armed with a KR-12 carbine due to the confines of the space station. The officials onboard were getting ready with various packets and information from preliminary scans on the ships in their home system’s orbit, others were straightening their ties and buttoning their best cufflinks to meet the diplomats from the Union at the docking stations. When docked, each shuttle would be met with a contingent of soldiers along with a representative from the Federation itself. The officials are dressed in business attire, whereas the soldiers are clad in their body armor.

Mother Superior
Mother Superior

Back to top Go down

Post by Gepoise Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:09 pm

As the doors on the shuttle open, the soldiers are greeted to several interesting sights: In the front of the group, there would be two diplomats in bright white suits, with a large fold on the chest piece that flows from right to left. Behind them are the average Union soldiers, clad in their black and red combat attire. Their weapons hang low in their slings, and the soldiers have their hands placed neatly behind their back. Both shuttles empty their "cargo" of personnel onto the docking bay. A rather frail looking woman with bright red hair steps forward, a dark red "Union" flag pin is positioned on her right bosom, which is quite the eye-catcher to the bright white dress uniform the woman wears. She steps forward with several other of the diplomats, bowing low.

"My name is Ambassador Vilette Quel'khan, however most people just refer to me as Ambassador Vilette. We are here on a wonderous occasion, are we not? Two factions meeting for the first time, and on good terms! Quite something, is it not? Now, how about my men here get cozy with your soldiers while we talk big boy talk, hm?" Her friendly yet imposing demeanour simply emits from the woman from every pore, her young face breaking into a smile as she bows once again infront of the men of Hunsruck.
Gepoise
Gepoise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother Superior Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:28 pm

"Ambassador Quel'khan, welcome to the home of Hunsrück Space Command & Defense. I am Floretta Zimmermann, I will be your representative here today on the space station. For security reasons certain areas of the space station are off limits in regard to visiting, though I am sure that touring a space station is not why you are here, it is surely to establish an embassy on our planet. The pleasure is all mine."

The young brunette woman flashes a smile, returning with a bow of her own. The woman soon beckons the ambassador to follow, then spinning on her feel and pacing down the spacious hall of the docking area, her heels clicking along the gunmetal flooring. The soldiers on the other hand keep their ground, their visor positioned towards the opening of the shuttles where the soldiers of the Union reside, they simply stare in their direction, staying in formation and staying still.

Further down the hall, Zimmermann makes a left into an office space. There is not much to not other than the dark wood of the desk and the two chairs set in front of the desk. Zimmermann takes position behind the desk and extends a left hand in a sweeping motion towards the luxurious leather-bound chairs.

"Please, take a seat. Would you like a beverage, perhaps a glass of ice water?"
Mother Superior
Mother Superior

Back to top Go down

Post by Gepoise Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:42 pm

"Coffee, black, two sugar would be delightful. Or water. Whatever you have, miss." The woman smiles as she sits down upon the black leather chair, flanked by her three other Co-Ambassadors. Vilette brushes her long bangs out of her eyes, placing a large folder onto the desk in-front of Floretta.
"I think it would be best if we get down to brass tacks right away. Recently, our faction of Humans, Kahldorr, and Helkions, whom we are collectively called the Valdorei, was able to wipe out the Helkion oppression of Uthaum. Our Union is now in complete power, both politically and militarily, of the Uthaum sector. Now, here's our problem. Currently, we're in a hot mess with the Helkions on a planet called Flotille. As we're speaking, our major space port is under a surprise attack, and survivors aren't expected. Now, I know I'm coming to you on short notice, and I understand that you may turn us down, however... If you are willing to send any amount of troops to aid us in the battle, we would be willing to set up an embassy here, and aid you in any way we can; Militarily and economically."

[001 - 0G] Hunsrück  Folder-on-table

The red-headed woman slides the folder closer to the woman on the other side, flipping it open. "Those are the pictures of what is going onto our people, humans and alien species alike. I'm not here to beg, Miss Zimmermann, but we're stuck between a rock and a fucked place." The woman leans back in her chair, her gaze now directed at Zimmermann.
Gepoise
Gepoise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother Superior Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:02 pm

The woman moves herself towards the coffee brewing on the right side of the room, she grabs hold of two mugs, both being black and bearing the symbol of the Federal Intelligence Service. One of the mugs is filled just before the brim, the other only two-thirds of the way. Two packets of sugar are then taken up and the tabs torn, the crystals soon being poured into the scolding black coffee and a spoon placed into the mug, the woman stirs the brew to get the crystals from the bottom and to assimilate into the liquid. The spoon is removed and two little plastic creamers are taken up, film removed and the milky contents poured into the other mug and the spoon placed aside. Zimmermann then returns to her desk, offering the black coffee forward and keeping the lighter tone and unsweetened coffee for herself.

"You do understand what you are asking to a nation that you hardly have met, you do understand that is first contact between our two nations, correct? With such, I do not see how you think this will work. I am not saying that it is impossible for us to offer assistance, but on such short notice for a cause that we know nothing about, as you said before you can see this side of the argument. What is the cause and the purpose of said conflict?
Mother Superior
Mother Superior

Back to top Go down

Post by Gepoise Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:31 pm

"Thank you. Our people, the Aeonic Union of Uthaum, were once low-class citizens and slaves, used for mopping up messes and then being tossed away like used rags. We were often plucked from random planets by the Helkions, leaving our family and friends to mourn us, even though we were not yet dead. I understand this is short notice, and if you kicked us out right now, I would be less than surprised. However our people are on the losing side of this war right now, and if we lose any more ground, I don't think there will be any more of our people on both Flotille, and Uthaum. And while we're still climbing the social, political, and military ladder of the universe, we would be a powerful ally in the coming years, as our technology is suited for multiple races, and we accept any and all support, as well as send it as well. This is a lot to take in, I'm sure. In that folder contains most of the information on Uthaum, the Union, and the Helkions..." The woman pauses, taking a sip from the now luke-warm coffee.

"You're basically our last best option, Miss Zimmermann. I'd rather not return to the thousands of men, women, and children aboard that Capital Ship and explain to them that victory is out of our grasp."
Gepoise
Gepoise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother Superior Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:13 am

Zimmermann places the black mug onto the desk before taking a seat at it, her left hand extending towards the folder placed upon the desk, slowly bringing it closer to her, eyes shifting over the various photos of human slavery and the battlefield that is the Flotille Conflict. The photos soon find themselves back in the folder, and the folder soon closed and slid back across the table.

"Well, this surely can't be allowed to happen, now can it? The slavery is just... so overwhelming. I am sure I will be able to convince the Federal government to lend a regiment of soldiers for this cause, as for naval support I cannot be too certain, our navy is stretched thin as is."

The black phone positioned on the woman's desk then rings, her left hand comes up, her index finger pointed upwards as if to say "a moment please.

"Agent Zimmermann, Hunsrück Space Command and Defense."

"Yes, the diplomat is here as we speak, your call has interrupted our conversation."

"They are having problems liberating a planet of Helkions, a seemingly anti-human race that has enslaved humans in this Union's system. They seek help in this endeavor."

"Yes, I understand that we do not usually get involved with conflicts, but this is about showing that humans are not a force to be reckoned with and that we stand behind another in times of dire need. Not to mention that slavery is war crime under our charter. I am going to do all in my power to get them help."

The woman then places the phone back onto the receiver and looks back up to the seated diplomat.

"You will get your support, if I may take these photos and use them to garner support for this cause, it would surely make this easier."
Mother Superior
Mother Superior

Back to top Go down

Post by Gepoise Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:17 am

"The folder is yours, Miss. I'll return to my soldiers and diplomats near the dropships and await your final verdict. From there, I'm sure the big military guys can finish up." The woman nods, standing from her chair.

"Thank you once again, Miss Zimmermann. Hopefully this alliance will show that we are indeed not a force to be reckoned with."
Gepoise
Gepoise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother Superior Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:06 am

With the departure of the Union diplomat, the BND agent scooped up the folder full of photos regarding the crimes against humanity and paced into the large office area further down the hall. She came to a scanner, where photo was placed and sent off to the party whom had interrupted the meeting with the Union diplomat, the Ministry of Defense. Zimmermann collected the photos and came back to her own office, picking up the phone and clicking a single key.

"Yeah, me again. Okay, did you get the photos. I think they prove my point. Y-- Hey, hey - Just pass the motion and this is the last you'll hear of me, okay?

A moment passes, the agent hangs up the phone and starts out of the office towards the diplomatic shuttle port.

Artillery Base Alpha 1-9, Hunsrück Surface

"Attention on base, attention on base! Power down weaponry and return to an 'at rest' posture. I repeat, the ships in question are friendly."

The buzzing and whizzing of alarms ceases on base, the batteries powering down and coming to a resting position. The men and women of the base returns to their barracks and some to the chow hall after the alert.

Krüger's Landing, Hunsrück

[001 - 0G] Hunsrück  7YmtRET

Krüger's Landing was the shining jewel of the Federation, being the nation's capital city, it was also the cultural art center, and it was a marvelous sight. It was situated in the northern part of the planet, in the high mountain ranges where the temperatures where it was considerably cold and snow was as common as rats pulling at a dead corpse. The city was mostly dug into the mountain, the engineers using large lights to mimic the effects of the sun. The city itself was a sprawling underground metropolis, having various districts as most cities do, usually accommodating to those that live there. The districts where positioned around a large reservoir of mountain water that doubled as added scenery along with being an emergency water source if need be.

[001 - 0G] Hunsrück  Nx7lOGy

They had just gotten home, the family of four. They opened the door of their middle-class apartment, the lights came on and he put the little black haired girl down, she ran to go pet the dog. Their teenage son went to the small kitchen and fixed himself a sandwich. They had went to a see a new play, Etant, the Prince that was no more. The middle aged man of the house lightly tossed the pamphlets onto the counter; he too went into the refrigerator and got himself a brew, as he had cracked it open, the telephone rang. He placed his beer down and went to answer it, he did.

"Acker residence, Dennis Acker speaking."

"Turn to channel six."

He continued to keep the telephone to his ear, turning on his heel and striding over into the living the room, he picked up the remote and turned on the television, it was on a cartoon channel, he changed to channel six. On the television was the blonde haired female news anchor in her red business attire, underneath was a scrolling bulletin, it read: "Ministry of Defense is activating reserve corps I-III, active duty units being dispatched to system; pledge to end human oppression in the Flotille system as evidence of human slavery has been found." The middle aged father's jaw dropped, the man on the phone continued.

"They're putting you in-charge, lieutenant colonel. Maybe you can make full bird with this."

Acker was quiet. He only heard a brief rustling on the other end before the confirming click. The woman of the house had finally made her way in after getting bags from the back of their vehicle; she looked to her man sitting upon the couch, a dumbfounded stare upon his face as he gazed into the television. She shuffled over to the counter, placing the multitude of paper bags onto it, their son, done with his sandwich beginning to take out the items from within the bags and place them into their spots. The woman then sat next to her man upon the sofa, she looked to him then the T.V, then back to the faded man on the sofa. Her left hand moved to his closest, though her efforts were in vain as he got up from the sofa and went down the hall to the master bedroom. He came to the closet doors and opened them, he had already had his ruck packed in case of a situated like this one, he pulled it from the confines of the closet, and his dress uniform was hanging in the closet as well. It was decorated with various devices and ribbons, he took grasp of the wooden coat hanger and laid the plastic covered uniform on his bed, and then he just stared. He just stared between the rucksack and dress uniform.

His wife was standing in the door way, he had already collected his gear and just stood at the woman standing in his path, he was a hold head taller than her and she wasn't budging. He soon easily pushed himself past her and came to the living room, he leaned his pack against the half-wall separating the door's landing and living room, his dress uniform atop it. He turned and scooped up his daughter as he made his way into the wash room, he set her down and she looked at him, rather perplexed. But, she didn't say a word; she only observed him as he turned on his electric shaver and gave himself a brief once over, making sure to rid himself of any scruff. He turned to the little girl and looked down to her; he offered a smile and ruffled her hair. He left the bathroom and returned to the half-wall where his gear was stowed for the time being, he slung the olive-drab bag over his shoulder and held the hanger to the uniform in his right hand, his eyes scanned the medium sized apartment for his son, though it seems that he's gone, the only person in sight was the dog. He was wagging his tail and sitting before Acker, its big round eyes staring up at him. Dennis did a fake lunge forward and the dog rushed and hid behind the sofa, he mumbled something to himself. With a smirk on his face, the officer left his home and went to report.
Mother Superior
Mother Superior

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother Superior Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:54 pm

48 hours since troop mobilization. The Rilly Military Spaceport, Hunsrück Surface.

[001 - 0G] Hunsrück  Balloontree_15

The last train had pulled into the station, the sounds of depressurizing valves filled the air, followed was the yelling and commotion of the soldiers getting off the train and collecting their gear from the cargo cars. They then moved towards the parade grounds, dropping their gear off at another station to be loaded onto the fleet, after they proceeded to the barracks until they were to board, which was only a matter of hours. The spaceport was filled to the brim with people, three reserve corps being activated, the personnel stationed at the based, along with the navy getting the mass amount of shuttles ready to transport the soldiers to the fleet, it was a busy space sport.

En masse, there were about 1.35 million soldiers about to be deployed, thankfully for the personnel at the spaceport, they were leaving in a matter of hours.

"You think it'll be bad, Miller?"

"Of course it'll be bad, Taynor. They've ENSLAVED those union people, you think that it's not gonna be bad. Sheesh, these guys aren't just some band of slavers, I hear they've got hand held lasers that can blast through any armor they're against, it'll probably cut through our Rastungs like butter!"

"What? You can't be serious?"

"You think I'd lie to you, Taynor? When have I ever let you down? That time on float doesn't count, you pressured me into that."

"Well, let's see - You told the First Sergeant of Alpha Company I was racist against non-citizens, so he had me run PT until I threw up. You als--

"Alright, alright! I may have let you down sometimes, but I swear I'm telling the truth, these guys are professionals."

"Professionals with laser guns."

"Yeah, with laser guns."

The loudspeaker of the spaceport interrupted their conversation and the whole PX had gotten quiet.

"Attention at the port, attention at the port! We are going to begin the process of boarding, we are doing this by corps. Soldiers from I Corps will be boarding first, I repeat, I Corps soldiers are first on. Please await further announcements."

Many of the soldiers had dropped what they were doing and rushed to the shuttling area, the two young soldiers included. The site was chaotic, thousands of soldiers piling into large shuttles to be shuttled up to the fleet, and this was only the first wave, another three to go including the active duty regiment of drop troops stationed in the area.
Mother Superior
Mother Superior

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother Superior Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:27 pm

High Orbit, Hunsrück Space

[001 - 0G] Hunsrück  Fleet_Movements_by_eRe4s3r

The last shuttle had left little over an hour ago, the soldiers were now on a host of Marie Class cruiser that were built for a mass movement of troops such as this one. These cruisers were in the middle of the fleet's formation, surrounding the capital ship, the two support cruisers were on either side, one assault cruiser at the front, and another taking the rear.

The COMMs center of the battle group's capital ship, FKS. Wilhelm II, was bustling, the communications officers and enlisted ferrying orders and operation procedures from the officers aboard to the ship in the fleet. The admiral in command of the battle-group came to the deck, someone announced it and the working men and women had gotten up but were soon back to what they were doing with the admiral saying "as you were."

"Commander, contact the Union fleet and tell them that I wish to have a meeting with the leader of this force, aboard their capital ship of course."

"Aye, aye, Admiral."

The Lieutenant Commander swiveled in his chair and donned his headset, he pushed a variety of buttons before holding one down as he talked.

"++ AUCS. Viking, this the FKS. Wilhelm II. The Admiral of our fleet wishes to speak with your expeditionary force leader, the commanding officer of our ground forces will also be present. ++"
Mother Superior
Mother Superior

Back to top Go down

Post by Gepoise Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:52 am

[001 - 0G] Hunsrück  50f7f22459bd4abf82315b054170973e

The Fuhrer stands stiff, his eyes gazing out into the beyond that is in front of his office window. His fingers drum on the end-table next to him, a black phone and a shining glass of water are perched neatly on the wooden top.

"Fuhrer, there's a transmission from the Admiral of the Hunsruck fleet, transmission is originating from the Wilhelm II. We've already localized and encoded it sir. Line two."

The ageing man nods to his communications officer as he disappears behind the closed door. The Fuhrer tosses his large rimmed hat to his bed and snatches up the phone receiver.

"This is Deputy Fuhrer Vladimir Hanolk. The Viking Commander is busy right now, and I'm the only one able at the moment. I've heard out people have settled on a truce of sorts. I'm all ears, Admiral."
Gepoise
Gepoise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother Superior Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:45 am

Communications, FKS. Wilhelm II (CLC-003)

The Admiral removes the dress hat from his head and places it on the communications console, he takes the headset from the COMMs officer and presses down the button, relaying his message to the AUCS. Viking.

"++ Evening, Deputy Fuhrer Hanolk, this is Admiral Holzmann of the Second Federal Battle-group. We are looking to send myself and the commander of our ground forces over to the Viking in order to get a hold of the situation on Flotille, he's not the type to go in blind. ++"

The Admiral released the PTT button along the console and turned to the seated communications officer.

"Get a shuttle ready at bay one, I want it space-able in five minutes."

The officer simply nodded and moved himself to another free console, enabling the in-house intercom.

"Attention on deck! All hand assigned to shuttle bay one, prep shuttle for space voyage. Lieutenant Colonel Acker and Major Bartoš, report to bay one!
Mother Superior
Mother Superior

Back to top Go down

Post by Gepoise Sat May 04, 2013 5:07 pm

[001 - 0G] Hunsrück  Mecha_hangar_by_meganerid-d5docu7

A large clump of soldiers jog down the narrow corridor leading to the hangar, their boots slamming against the shined floors of the hallway. In the middle, the Deputy Fuhrer dons his large tan overcoat, a thin strip of red lining the sides of his epaulette sleeve, which has several bright red stars on a dark backdrop. The Deputy stares at his wrist watch for a moment, before slipping on a pair of black aviators. "Right, they'll be here soon. Roltan, get the Ambassadors down here. Stephan, I want those turrets on stand-by. And Kalnto, get the Commandant on the phone. We'll need to talk."
The three soldiers stamp their feet, a loud "Yes, Deputy Fuhrer!" jumps out from all three before they depart from the clump of men.

"This is for our planet, men. Make it look damn good."

The Lieutenant Commandant sits upon his gilded "throne" in the large spire overlooking most of the Capital of the Union's planet. His elegant robes which showcase his many, and often put together with scrap metal, medallions and commendations for his actions in the Helkion War. His bright blue eyes suddenly open as a man in fatigues walks into the room. His flat military cap is gripped tightly in his hands, and his young and frail face shows signs of breaking under the pressure, however the young soldier continues inwards, stomping his feet and snapping to attention once he reaches a certain threshold, which is about three feet in front of the Commandants desk.

"Lieutenant Commandant Claudius Betancur, sir. Oberleutnant Ethan Herrera at your service. I was told I had to come here for a talk... sir?"

The Commandant simply slides a folder towards him, a single word not escaping his lips. The young man nervously looks down at the folder, before snatching it up, flipping the brown paper-holder open.

"I'm... being transferred to Flotille. To lea- To lead? Sir, with all due respect-"

The Commandant snorts, and the young soldier instantly stops his rant. The gruff officer leans forward, his eyes meeting the young boys.

"I am not asking for respect, Mister Herrera. I'm asking you to go there and watch over our new allies. See if they are worthy. After a month of "scouting", you may return to your petty post as my foot-stool. Now go, do this for me and maybe we'll find that family of yours."

"Maybe."

Gepoise
Gepoise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother Superior Sun May 05, 2013 8:58 am

The shuttle had already departed from the Wilhem II and proceeded to docking area of the Viking. The shuttled floated into the landing bay, coming to a crawling pace before easing out its stabilizers and touching down on the metal flooring. The back ramp opened up after depressurizing and the three officers stepped out of their ship and onto the docking area. The Admiral was dressed in his Class A uniform, a rack of ribbons resting on his chest and gold three stars along the black epaulettes. His two counterparts were the Army officers, only clad in their battle dress, this consisting of flecktarn digital camouflage. Acker was sporting his field cap, where the Major was not. The two had various devices along their chest, three at most. The most notable being the black flaming meteor, signifying that both the officers have been to and completed the Drop Troop training. They waited at the end of their ramp for an envoy from the Union ship.
Mother Superior
Mother Superior

Back to top Go down

Post by EyesofMarch Sun May 05, 2013 11:30 am

High Orbit Over Hunsrück

A strange occurance would take place over the sandy, mountainous world of Hunsruck. High over the world, far beyond the reaches of it's atmosphere, a strange, purple glow would begin to emit from seemingly nothing in the midst of empty space. It pulses, it whirls like a typhoon, and ever so slowly it begins to form into what appears to be a whirling, violet 'portal' of sorts which begins to emit powerful electrical bursts from within'.

This continues for a minute or so before the unexplained suddenly occurs. From the portal flies multiple pieces of spacecraft wreckage, seemingly pieces that had been removed from an unknown craft in a violent manner. A quick examination would show these pieces of craft to be of alien design, the junk seemingly teeming with organic masses that are perfectly in line with the mechanical devices in the junk as well. These devices spark and hiss silently in the darkness of space as, moments later, the entire ship twirls out of the portal.

[001 - 0G] Hunsrück  Organic_ship_set___hauler___by_hazzard65-d3lantr

The ship, seemingly the size of a small frigate, ejects silently out of the portal as it dissipates behind the craft; leaving it alone in space. The bubbly, half organic-half metallic craft is clearly damaged, with plasma blasts clearly making many holes and pockets in the hull of the craft. Leaving behind a trail of blue-ish smoke, the craft slowly drifts out into space, it's engines clearly not operational.

Suddenly, though, within' a few moments of the craft entering realspace, a message suddenly is heard from the ship. It is a bubbly, animal-like language that has no relation to any human language currently known, though the tone is clearly urgent, and the voice is clearly feminine...

++-'SKBA-SJBABAMAAAAAA-KE-KE-KE.. Sjansanaa'mdshsnaaaaaaaakjan...'-++

If one was able to translate the message, it would be a clear and very urgent message indeed.

<::"WE REQUIRE IMMEDIATE ASSISTANCE.. Our craft has come under attack, and we have wounded refugees onboard!"::>
EyesofMarch
EyesofMarch

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother Superior Mon May 06, 2013 5:50 am

"Admiral, we have another unidentified contact on the dark side of the planet. Our satellites picked up a transmission as well, it seems to be in some sort of slurry, guttural language, scans on the ship also point to alien origin, its engines are on the verge of failure."

"Try to decipher the language, in the meantime sent them a packet in binary detailing a safe crash landing zone, preferably in an unoccupied desert region of the dark side of the planet. Contact the closet FOB and order a Q.R.F consisting of medical and armed personnel."

"Aye aye, Admiral."

A binary data packet was then transferred to the soon to be disabled frigate, detailing all the above, a suitable crash landing zone and what was to happen thereafter.
Mother Superior
Mother Superior

Back to top Go down

Post by EyesofMarch Tue May 07, 2013 12:21 pm

It is impossible to tell whether the organic alien frigate received the message as, instead of responding in their strange, bubbly language; the frigate slowly begins to drift towards the planet. It's engines sputter and cough before disabling, and although the frigate seems to be following the set landing site given to them in binary by the inhabitants of Hunsruck, the frigate seems to have little in the way of maneuverability with it's current damage..

Slowly, it begins to near, and eventually enter, Hunsruck's atmosphere...

[001 - 0G] Hunsrück  The_Meteor_by_ready2freeze
EyesofMarch
EyesofMarch

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother Superior Tue May 07, 2013 1:50 pm

Noticing the change of course of the nearly disabled frigate, a squadron of fighters are dispatched from the nearest air base, they come to escort the slowly descending frigate to estimated landing zone deep in the desert of the planet.

0100 hours, Estimated landing zone, Hunsrück Surface.

The night of the desert was quiet and calm, the steady rumble of the dispatched company's convoy came to a halt about three kilometers before the estimated crash area. The ramps of the IFVs slowly lowered and the soldiers poured out, supply trucks had accompanied the convoy in order to carry the needed medical supplies and equipment in order to set up a triage center, after being emptied the Captain had the idea to use them as casualty wagons.

The soldiers had gotten to work setting the tents, Hesco bastions, and Bremer walls. The medical personnel were setting up their triage center to their platoon leader's specifications. The company commander was busy overseeing the completion of the temporary aid station, radioing in to his commander that they were ready.
Mother Superior
Mother Superior

Back to top Go down

Post by EyesofMarch Wed May 08, 2013 2:01 pm

The frigate had begun it's descent, and although it was clear the alien craft was attempting to keep it's course direct with the use of wing systems and stabilizers, it was a losing fight. Fire began to consume the frigate as it burned through the atmosphere; smoke billowing past the ship as it shuddered and shook through the skies of Hunsruck. It was dark, the stars were alive and visible, but soon the blue skies of the world were visible, and the frigate was rocketing across the very skies of the world..

It was clear the frigate would be overshooting it's designated landing zone.

The alien organic craft was clearly attempting to reverse it's immense velocity, and as the craft burned, sparked, and ejected spare mechanical and organic parts from it's shaking hull, it's maneuvering thrusters were visibly running on full blast backwards; visibly beginning to slow the craft down and bring it gently onto the ground. Unfortunately, as one thruster after another sparked and imploded from the immense stresses placed upon them, the frigate had no more options.

[001 - 0G] Hunsrück  In_The_Rain_by_SID75

A mere few minutes after the frigate entered the atmosphere and begun it's tragic flight through the desert skies of Hunsruck.. It had ended the last leg of it's painful journey. The frigate had overshot it's landing zone by about forty miles, and had created an explosion of such an immense size that it was comparable to the explosion of around ten Hiroshima Atomic Bombs going off all at once. Wreckage was sent spiraling miles around the crash site, which had left a massive crater in the dunes of the desert planet... If there was anything left, it would be little to nothing. Truly, a horrible event.

But, while eyes from below would be centered on the massive fireball, several new items would be visible streaking across the sky; escaping from the smokey trail the frigate had left in the sky above the world..

[001 - 0G] Hunsrück  02fee97a198f8174447b5de1098bbb14

Ten escape pods of varying size and shape had begun to fall from the sky in close formation, aiming to hit only a mile or two east of the original landing zone placed by the inhabitants of the desert world. They begun to fall at a startling rate before their emergency thrusters kicked in, followed by a powerful hardlight energy shield that quickly enveloped the entirety of these ten pods. Within' mere moments, as the pods holo-chutes kicked in, the pods neared the ground..

And impacted silently in the distance...
EyesofMarch
EyesofMarch

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother Superior Fri May 10, 2013 8:54 am

Eyes were indeed locked on the explosion 64km away from their position, many mesmerized by the large explosion and subsequent mushroom cloud. The company commander finally got himself together, he barked over the commotion.

"Listen up! Hey! Listen up! I want first and second platoon to get over to those pods, mount up in the IFVs and check for survivors! Triage Centre, I want you lot to stay on alert and do your jobs. I'll be contacting battalion for air support to secure that wreck. Get to work people, come on!"

The soldiers had started to do what they were told, the platoon sergeants were shuffling their men into the IFVs and the machines started up and glided over the dunes towards the pod landing. About 600 meters from the pod landing, the IFVs come to a stop, their turrets rotate to face the pods, the ramps slowly lower and depressurize. The soldiers pour out and take defensive positions.

"First squad, stay here and cover us! Second squad, advance, rifles up and keep aware! I do not want to lose any of ya' to some damn aliens in a bloody escape pod!"

The soldiers obliged, the first squad staying at the IFVs in their defensive stance, the second slowly advancing with their weapons at the ready.
Mother Superior
Mother Superior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum