Ah, Chief...

Go down

Ah, Chief...

Post by EyesofMarch on Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:17 pm

Eyes I think you should go back to*snip* instead of thinking you have even the smallest grasp on the principle of politics. Judging from what you said even Ukraine wouldn't call you sensible. Take your idiotic and ignorant statements regarding the United Nations out of here. The UN's primary goal is to cause freedom for all without distinction as to race, sex, language, or religion. Delegations are free to have religious texts with them while staying in the UN Headquarters. Besides that you're not only causing the RP to remain on hold from time to time because you can't be arsed to type a few paragraphs for your fellow participants every couple of days, but you're also ruining the whole political aspect with idiotic insinuations such as thinking the Kals can backpaddle and take the station back or that the Empress holds more power than others. That's against every single fundamental aspect of a council such as ours. So please, don't tell /me/ about politics, 'friend'.

Okay.

So I'm restricted to doing stuff because 'we are totally basing this off our United Nations and our races totally cannot be arrogant or angry and make irrational decisions'. Apparently so. The Kals can do whatever they want, if I want them to do it.. Because I controlled them. Oh, and 'our' council...? This is an RP.

Yeah, I'm busy right now. Being insulted wasn't gonna get me to go any faster. This isn't real world politics... These are aliens; deal with it.

Oh, and I don't want to rp on here anymore. Have a nice day. I officially pull out of the RP.

Back to top Go down

Re: Ah, Chief...

Post by Ducky on Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:27 pm

I just want to say a few things to whoever wrote the message in the quote, since, regrettably, no GMs have stepped in yet:

1) This is a forum roleplay. On the top it says that this forum is dedicated to true roleplay. Not even a GM can force someone to roleplay if time is restricting them. We value detailed posts over frequent ones because that way it allows us to explore our setting and define & develop our characters in greater and more satisfying detail. I'll quote Alien's info post on the UNV Foch about this:

Big posts at slow intervals are much preferred over constant one-line posts, as that will allow us to explore the setting better.

2) Politics? They don't exist for no reason. They exist because of cultures. If Eyes has a culture that acts one way, then so be it. Again, it's about roleplay, not about politics. If you want to play power, there's always grand strategy games.

3) You are not your character(s). As Eyes said, this is a roleplay and equating yourself with your character is never going to go down well. It's like if an actor got pissed, made a scene, and harassed others all because his character got killed off, that would get him fired. Same thing here. Play the role and don't let the role play you.

As for you, Eyes, I hope you can reconsider. I know I'm not the most active around these parts with my one post per few weeks but I'll be damned if behind-the-scenes string pulling and harassment will affect the members of this place. If time is what you need then I, in my infinite unpower, rule that you can have it, but remember that, as with anyone else, you'll always be welcome to return whenever you choose to, if you do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chief on Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:27 am

Very mature of you to let out the rest of our hour-long conversation and make yourself look like the victim instead of allowing people an objective look on things.

See you back soon.

Cancer Posts : 79

Back to top Go down

Post by autist supreme on Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:33 am

Well, I, the most experienced rage quitter here, have to say that both of you need to wise the hell up, trust me, there are people you just don't have to talk to, don't let individual idiots (Not saying you are Chief) ruin your fun and the hours you've put into this RP.

If we loose you this will literally corrode into A mass of dickheads who think the future is modern warfare laser gun pew pew
autist supreme

Back to top Go down

Post by EyesofMarch on Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:00 am

The rest of the conversation went rxacly like that. You called mr an idiot when why I said didn't agree with you, and you insulted me multiple times lol.

I don't want to be in the rp, I don't HAVE to be in the rp, and I will not subject myself to meaningless Internet drama lol.

Have a nice day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hades on Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:21 am

Having seen the entire log, I will just make a few comments.

While Chief was right on several points raised during the conversation, the way he handled it was not right, or what I would have expected from him. He let his frustration get the better of him. But you weren't far from that either, and I quote;

0:17 - King: then they should get out of a council founded on the principle of equality and respect
0:17 - EyesofMarch: l
0:17 - EyesofMarch: o
0:17 - EyesofMarch: l
0:17 - EyesofMarch: L
0:17 - EyesofMarch: O
0:17 - EyesofMarch: L

You both acted immaturely. Please don't try to be the victim.

Nevertheless, IC actions are indeed IC, and the Kals didn't break any rules or the general principles of the setting.

It's sad to see you go, but I will respect your decision. Good luck in your future endeavours!
Hades
ACCESS: CERBERUS

http://generalroleplay.forumotion.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Ducky on Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:37 am

I honestly would have done the same thing if another player was encouraging me to break the rules.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chief on Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:37 am

I admit to letting my frustration get the better of me. I threw things around which I shouldn't have and which I very much regret, but as did you. I tried having a discussion with you, Eyes, but you resorted to laughing at what I said without proposing any counter arguments at all. You made many comparisons between the UN and the GCUW, but once what you said was proved incorrect you slammed me for bringing real life into this. This all led to my frustration and my final comment, presented in the OP.

Sorry, and farewell.

Cancer Posts : 79

Back to top Go down

Post by Haze on Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:49 am

This all seems to be a lot made of a little. We'd all get on a little better I think if we took this as what it is....

....roleplay

It's not that important man.
Haze

Back to top Go down

Post by Bospy on Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:26 am

i can make space aliens with dicks on their face and have them run around shooting semen and that's roleplay because they have a unique culture of doing it. there's nothing bad about what the kals did.

Taurus Posts : 181

Back to top Go down

Post by Bospy on Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:40 am

also (even though eyes probably left) it'd be awesome for you to stay, dude. you've got a lot of roleplay potential here.

Taurus Posts : 181

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down